TRASHIN FASHION – AN EARTH DAY FASHION SHOW
April 22 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Youth registered in this will get some awesome classes such as sewing, fiber arts, digital art, textile printing, consignment shopping, and more.
Here’s a summary of the event:
Kendall County youth nonprofits, Girl with Grit (girlwithgrit.com) and Come and Make It! (comeandmakeit.org) are having youth use used fashionable finds, crafting clutter, and sewing staples for an Earth Day Community TRASHIN FASHION youth fashion show. Through the next few months, youth at our facility will be working on improving their sewing skills, up their business and merchandising skills, and apply themselves to rethinking and recycling in an artful and creative way.
We serve close to 300 youth monthly and are based in Kendall County. Every youth in our program will be involved! Our Trades Club will be building our stage. Our STEM Club will be handling lighting and sound. Our designers and artists are handling designs. This will be a beautiful community celebration of a creative way to celebrate Earth Day!
Current Event Sponsors: H-E-B, Boerne Radio, Paula VM Photography, Under the Fig Tree, The Peachy Llama, Nun-Chux, and more.
Event Rules – Anyone can join us along the way!
- All base materials must be reused, recycled, or upcycled. 20% of materials can be new (i.e. paint, studs, fabrics, elastic, glue, etc.).
- Upcycled clothing needs to altered through deconstruction, sewing, paint, adhesive, mixed media materials, etc.
- Be creative in materials – plastic bags can be melted, papers turned to fabrics. Designer needs a model to dress or “fit” for the fashion show Designers can work as individuals or as teams.
- Designer needs to document their work, write a small speech, and be present for at least two hours at Come and Make It! (Guest participants can drop in during open hours)
- Designer and model must be present for April 22nd Fashion show from 4PM to 8PM. Designer can be model.
- Age Divisions (K – 3rd) (4 – 7th) (8th – 12th) (Adult)
- $250 Gift Basket for Best Overall in 8th Grade and Up
This event will professionally captured through the portrait photography of the artful and exquisite Paula VM Photography.
Food by the award winning and news worthy latest and greatest in San Antonio unique eats, Nun-chux Handcrafted Egg Rolls.
Additional Event Sponsors: H-E-B, Boerne Radio, Under the Fig Tree, The Peachy Llama, and more.
When: Earth Day, 4/22/2023, 4 – 8 PM
Located at: Come and Make It!, 41109 I-10 West, Boerne, TX 78006
Would you like to donate Items? We serve youth from all walks of life, your donation helps ensure everyone has an equal opportunity.